Sunday, February 22, 2015

Blog #3 Putting It All Together

It was great coming together with my group, Race/Ethnicity and Identity, last Tuesday. When we started we were a bit undefined, but together and with the help of Dr. Zamora, we left feeling as if we had a stronger sense of direction and purpose for our group presentation and final project. We want to divide our presentation into two parts. The first dealing with the issue of how we define/perceive ourselves/our identities and the second dealing more with how society defines/perceives us. We identified resources and activities that will help us put our ideas all together.

Over the weekend, I found some wonderful resources on microaggression. What it is. When the term was coined. Examples. Advocacy. I also watched several episodes of Finding Your Roots and feel that I have identified a few that will open the doors to a great classroom discussion.

I don't feel that we hashed out individual roles or tasks yet within the group as this week was more of a finding mission. I feel once we all bring our resources to the table on Tuesday and organize our plan, we will each have a more clearly defined role within the group. I feel like we are extremely collaborative as there has been some great sharing over the week. I'm looking forward to sitting down and putting everything into place!


No comments:

Post a Comment